Saturday, January 3, 2009

Week Nine, Assignment #20

Week 9: Podcasts, Video & Downloadable Audio
#20. Discover YouTube and a few sites that allow users to upload and share videos.


Ahh, YouTube -- now we're on familiar territory. I like many things about the site. The only thing I don't like is that some of the videos require inordinate buffering time, even with a high speed connection.

This is one of my favorite videos on YouTube:




The reason it's a favorite is because it was the first video I uploaded to YouTube. It shows my husband demonstrating his knowledge of Tai Chi to our son, in Central Park.

Here's our son's response to what he was seeing his dad do. He said he realized that he wasn't going to have the specific choreography of it, but this was how he was interpreting the movement of energy:




I also discovered, just yesterday, http://www.veoh.com/, where one can watch not only videos but also TV shows on one's computer. I've just signed up, and this morning I installed the viewer required. I looked over the list of TV shows available, but didn't see anything I was interested in watching yet. (I'm not a big fan of TV.) It allows uploads of videos, too, but I don't have any that I'm interested in uploading.

Here's a YouTube video that could be used on a library Web site:



I tried to embed the following YouTube video about Google Docs into the blog on my SchoolCenter Web site, but it didn't show up there. SchoolCenter must not support embedding objects this way, with just the inclusion of the html code.

No comments:

Post a Comment